1. Looking for Volunteers
The Hawaii branch of the American Red Cross is looking for the support of numerous volunteers to join its ranks in managing shelters and aiding in the emergency response to the wildfire crisis unfolding on Maui.
2. Community Drop-Off Locations for Goods
Desired Supplies: bottled water, nourishment, cushions/coverings, towels, infant sustenance/formula, baby essentials/wet wipes, personal hygiene products.
- Maui High School ~ 660 Lono Avenue, Kahului
- Sparky’s Restaurant from 7 a.m. ~ 385 Hoʻohana Street Suite 5C, Kahului
- Ho’omana Barbell from 9 a.m. ~ 1826 Kaohu Street, Wailuku
- Paia Bay Coffee Bar ~ 120 Hāna Hwy, Pāʻia
3. Support with a Monetary Donation to Maui
Aloha United Way has established the Maui Relief Fund, which will directly contribute to initiatives aimed at assisting the victims of the fires.
The Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement has joined forces with the Alakaʻina Foundation Family of Companies and Kākoʻo Haleakalā to match community donations, up to $1,000,000, for families affected by the destructive wildfires on Maui.
At Foodland stores, you can contribute donations at the checkout counter to aid the American Red Cross of Hawaii’s endeavors in assisting with relief efforts for the Maui fires. Customers have the opportunity to:
- Make donations of up to $249
- Donate 250 Maikaʻi points ($5 equivalent donation)
- Round up purchases to the nearest dollar
- Donate change
The Hawaiʻi Community Foundation’s Maui Strong Fund will be utilized to provide support to communities on Maui that have been impacted by the recent fires, encompassing both response and recovery initiatives.
- Donations can be made on their website.
The Hawaiʻi Restaurant Association is coordinating donations and volunteer activities on Maui, as well as for evacuees on Oʻahu.
- You can contribute to relief efforts on Maui here.
- You can contribute to evacuees transported to Oʻahu here.
The Hawaii Salvation Army is requesting monetary contributions and substantial meal donations from restaurants and certified kitchens to support the provision of large-scale meals at shelters in Maui.
The Maui Food Bank is actively seeking financial contributions to provide sustenance for the thousands of displaced residents.
- Donations can be made here.
- The Maui Food Bank kindly requests that the public minimize phone and email inquiries, allowing the organization to concentrate on its emergency relief efforts.
Maui Mutual Aid is seeking donations to support Maui families, kūpuna, people with disabilities, and those with limited or no insurance.
- Donations can be made here.
UH Maui College is actively seeking financial contributions to assist students and their families who are directly affected by the fires, including those who have experienced losses in terms of homes, businesses, or employment. As we embark on a new school year, your support will greatly contribute to the resilience of students, faculty, staff, and their families in this extraordinary emergency situation.
- Donations to students and their families can be made here.
- Donations to UH Maui College Faculty and Staff can be made here.
Deliver your contributions for shelter aid at Maui’s War Memorial Complex on Wednesday and Thursday.
- The Maui Police Department is seeking non-perishable food, bottled water, hygiene items, and blankets as donations.
- For drop-offs, individuals should access the complex via Kanaloa Avenue and place items on the left side of the field.
- Donations will be received until 6 p.m. on Wednesday and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday.
The Haggai Institute Maui serves as an evacuation shelter with support from the Red Cross.
- Items in Demand: Toilet paper, facial tissue, soap, as well as shampoo and conditioner.
- 175 E Līpoa Street, Kīhei, HI 96753
At Maui High School, we are presently collecting the following donations on-site for the evacuees at our facility.
- Requested Items: Cooked and uncooked food, water, paper towels, diapers, basic toiletries, pillows, blankets.
- Maui High School, 660 Lono Avenue, Kahului
4. Send support to the Maui Fire Department
Requested Items: We welcome pre-packaged (ready-to-eat) items such as protein bars, sandwiches/musubi, cut fruit, water, and hydration drinks.
- Anytime Fitness Pukalani
- 24 Kiopaʻa St, Makawao
- Boba Bar Paia from 6 a.m.-12 p.m.
- 2 Baldwin Avenue, Pāʻia
- Espresso Mafia Maui
- 3617 Baldwin Ave, Makawao
- Hi-Tech Store from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- 425 Koloa St, Kahului
- Lumeria Maui
- 1814 Baldwin Ave, Makawao
- Maluhia Collective from 9 a.m.
- 1960 Main St, Wailuku
5. Support the Maui Humane Society
The Maui Humane Society assures the safety of its animals but requires available space to accommodate additional displaced pets. Both mainland residents and locals have the opportunity to: