Hawaii is a popular destination for dolphin watching because of the abundance of bottlenose dolphins in the waters around the islands.
The warm waters of the Pacific Ocean provide a perfect habitat for dolphins, and visitors can take a boat tour to see them swimming and playing in the wild. Many tour operators in Hawaii also offer the opportunity to swim and interact with the dolphins in the wild. This is a unique and exciting experience that many visitors to Hawaii enjoy.
Dolphin watching in Hawaii is also popular for its educational aspect. Many tour operators offer educational tours that provide information about the dolphins’ behavior, habitat, and conservation. Visitors can learn about the different types of dolphins found in Hawaii, as well as their unique behaviors and characteristics. Additionally, many tour operators work with organizations such as the Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary to promote conservation and education about marine life. This provides a well-rounded and educational experience for visitors.
Dolphins and You ~ Oahu, Hawaii
Dolphin tours are offered at many sea ports in the United States, including:
- Key West, Florida is one of the top dolphin tour destinations in the United States. Visitors can take a dolphin-watching tour by boat and see bottlenose dolphins swimming and jumping in their natural habitat. Many tour operators in Key West also offer the opportunity to swim and interact with the dolphins in the wild. Additionally, Key West is home to the Dolphin Research Center, a non-profit organization that provides educational and research opportunities to learn more about these intelligent and fascinating creatures.
- Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, Alabama are also popular destinations for dolphin tours. These areas are home to a large population of bottlenose dolphins, and visitors can take a boat tour to see them swimming and playing in the wild. Many tour operators also offer the chance to see dolphins up close by taking a dolphin-watching cruise or by taking a dolphin-watching kayak tour. The warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico make this area perfect for dolphin-watching year-round.
- Another popular destination for dolphin tours is Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. This island is home to a large population of bottlenose dolphins, and visitors can take a boat tour to see them swimming and playing in the wild. The tours take visitors through the Calibogue Sound, which is a great spot to see dolphins, and also provides an opportunity to spot other marine life such as sea turtles and pelicans.
- The Myrtle Beach, South Carolina area is also a popular destination for dolphin tours. Visitors can take a boat tour and see bottlenose dolphins swimming and jumping in the wild. Many tour operators also offer the opportunity to interact with the dolphins by swimming or snorkeling with them. In addition to dolphin-watching, these tours also provide the opportunity to see other marine life such as sea turtles, rays and different types of fish. Myrtle Beach’s warm waters make it a great destination for dolphin-watching year-round.
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Beaufort, South Carolina
- Morehead City, North Carolina
- St. Augustine, Florida
- San Diego, California
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Galveston, Texas
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- Clearwater, Florida
- La Jolla, California
- Dana Point, California
- Moss Landing, California
- Monterey, California
- Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Would you like to take an Oahu Dolphin tour?
Dolphins and You (25% Off 7am early tour)